Global health issue caused by poor lifestyle factors
Many lifestyle factors such as poor diet, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, stress, and pollutants can throw the metabolism of the body out of balance. As a result, this makes you more susceptible to disease and illness such as metabolic syndrome, type II diabetes, and cardiovascular risks. When using supplements products along with implementing the proper nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle habits, in doing so, your metabolism is able to function at its best and improve your quality of life.
Illness or wellness
1. Many of the foods consumed today are highly processed and lack the nutrient density (vitamins and minerals) your body needs to function properly.
2. For the average individual, it is challenging to consume all the necessary vitamins and minerals from food alone due to poor nutritional habits.
3. Pesticides, pollutants, and environmental toxins have decreased the nutrient density in soil over the last 50 years. This has resulted in lower amounts of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients in the food we consume today.
My advice would use the right supplement products, to ensure that with each serving your body is receiving the proper amount of vital nutrients necessary for maintaining proper metabolic function and health.
Metabolic refers to the lump sum of all chemical reactions that occur in living organism metabolism.
The human body performs 10.000 classes of chemical reactions and millions of individual reactions every single second.
These reactions are involved in all facets of human health.
(E.g. cognition digestions, respiration, circulation, gut health, etc.)
What are the 5 risk factors for metabolic syndrome?
A metabolic syndrome is a group of five risk factors that increase the likelihood of developing
1.) heart disease, 2.)diabetes, and 3.) stroke, 4.) increased blood pressure (greater than 130/85 mmHg) 5.) high blood sugar levels (insulin resistance)
Metabolic reboot program
- Functional foods
- Metabolic nutrition
- Exercise science
- Blood test/photo/measurements
- Metabolic reboot program set
- Smart eating 4-4-12 (Habits change)
- Metabolic nutrition (Build your plate)
- Exercise science
- Do not restart your 4, 8, or 12 hours if you snack between the 4-4-12. Continue as planned for the rest of the day. 8. Your meal timing begins once you start eating a meal, not after you finish a meal. 9. Do not skip or forego a meal if your schedule causes you not to “perfectly” follow the 4-4-12 or 4-4-4-8 outline.
The 4-4-12 and 4-4-4-8 are structured guidelines based on the amount of time you wait between meals without any snacking in order to optimize metabolic function and how your body utilizes its own stored energy.
For individuals wanting to lose weight, decrease body fat, and increase lean muscle mass 4-4-12 Structure: 4-6 hours between breakfast and lunch with no snacking 4-6 hours between lunch and dinner with no snacking 12 hours between dinner and breakfast with no snacking
For individuals wanting to gain weight and increase lean muscle mass 4-4-4-8 Structure: 4-5 hours between meals 1 and 2 with no snacking 4-5 hours between meals 2 and 3 with no snacking 4-5 hours between meals 3 and 4 with no snacking 8 hours between meals 4 and 1 with no snacking
4-4-12 and 4-4-4-8 Guidelines:
1. Water, coffee or tea (as long as no creamer or sugar is added), and non-calorie supplements are OK to have outside of the 4-4-12 and 4-4-4-8 as a “snack”.
2. You can wait more than 4 hours before your next meal, it’s just important that you don’t eat before the 4 hours.
3. it’s recommended not to go more than 6 hours until your next meal to avoid the risk of blood sugar levels dropping
4. If you are not able to go the full 4 hours without snacking, you may not be adding enough food with your meals. Please make sure to review the “Build Your Plate Guide” and consume the recommended amount outlined.
5. At first, the 4-4-12 and 4-4-4-8 may be especially challenging for some. It may take a few days or even a week to adjust to the new schedule.
6. It is recommended that you strive to always stick to the 4-4-12 and 4-4-4-8, but if you are not able to at times, it is best to eat something found on “the enjoy” or moderation list, rather than risking a crash in blood sugar levels.
Make sure you are getting all your meals daily.
The goal is
for you to follow the 4-4-12 and 4-4-4-8 to the best of your ability and learn how to make it work for you.
Foods to enjoy
Grains: Bran, Black Rice, Quinoa, Wheat Germ, Wild Rice Fruits: Apple, Apricots, Blackberries, Blueberries, Cherries, Coconut, Durian, Dragonfruit, Figs, Guava, Grapes, Grapefruit, Kiwis, Lemon, Mangosteen, Nectarines, Oranges, Passion Fruit, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Pomegranate, Rambutan, Raspberries, Strawberries, Tamarind, Tomatoes
Vegetables: Artichoke, Arugula, Asparagus, Bamboo Shoot, Beets, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Coconut Shoot, Cabbages, Carrots (raw), Cauliﬂower, Celery, Chili Pepper, Collard Greens, Cucumber, Eggplant, Green Beans, Green Peas, Jicama, Kale, Leeks, Mushrooms, Onion, Peppers, Pickle, Radishes, Rhubarb, Romaine Lettuce, Spinach, Turnip, Zucchini
Legumes: Beans, Lentils, Unsweetened Soy Milk
Meats: 95% Lean Ground Beef, Chicken Breast, Crab, Eye of Round, Flank Steak, Halibut, Herring, Lamb shoulder, Lamb Loin, Lamb Leg, Lobster, Mackerel, Pork Loin, Salmon, Sardines, Shrimp, Sirloin, Tender Loin, Tilapia, Tuna, Turkey Bacon, Turkey Breast, Whole Eggs,
Veal Dairy: Cottage Cheese, Plain Greek Yogurt
Soy Products: Tempeh, Tofu, TVP
Vegetables: Avocado, Olives
Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, Cashews, Chia, Flax, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Pecans, Pine Nuts, Pistachios, Sesame Seeds, Sunﬂower Seeds, Walnuts
Dairy: Cheeses Oils: Coconut, Fish, Flaxseed, Macadamia Nut, Olive
Beverages: Unsweetened Almond Milk
ALL HERBS & SPICES
Basil, Cinnamon, Herbal Teas, Garlic, Oregano, Parsley, Shallot, Vanilla, Pepper, Lemon Pepper, etc.
Balsamic Vinegar, Bolthouse Farms Products, Hummus, Lemon Juice, Mustard, Salsa (no sugar added), Stevia, Vinegar
Some last words
As a metabolic health coach as well personal trainer I have a lot of good results with my clients. Usually, I advise them which supplements to use and to have a result measurement, I let them do a blood test so we have proof of the change in the metabolic health.
Did you know that research shows that 1 in 3 just gains from a diet instead of losing weight? (source)
Discover how you lose several kilos per week with tasty and easy to make slimming recipes!
Good luck with keeping the metabolic storm out of your body!
Important: Leave your reaction and any additions below.
If you like this blog, share it with your friends, customers, colleagues – Tommy